Canceling a public viewing session hours in advance because of predicted bad weather is always a shot in the dark. The earlier we reach a decision about the status of a public session, the easier it will be for members and the public to make other plans for the evening. The flip side of the coin is that making a decision too early may result in cancellations that are unnecessary because of weather changes. We will generally try to post a decision by 3 p.m. every Friday afternoon. If the weather clears after the decision is posted, individual members may come to Broemmelsiek Park as they so see fit.
Public viewing sessions will generally be canceled if there is a significant chance for rain or heavy cloud cover. Listed below are the various online weather sources used to read the "crystal ball."